Thursday, June 21, 2007

Hangin' in there

Thursday, June 21st
Kerby's 2nd chemo treatment of Adriamycin was June 5th and he has not had one adverse side effect at all. YIPPIE!! I gave him over-the-counter Pepcid AC 3 days prior to the chemo shot and 3 days after. In addition to the Pepcid, the oncologist gave me a prescription of Metronidazole which is an anti-nausea medicine. I gave Kerby 1/4 pill for 1 week after the chemo. No vomiting, no diarrhea, no nausea, no loss of appetite. OK, the only minor change was his "attitude". Kerby was depressed looking, sad, lethargic and tired. I mean, he had poison injected into his little body and I hear this is a relatively "normal" reaction even in people. So there ya have it. Kerby's update. He's been with his dad for the past week while I was recovering from surgery ... I didn't want Kerbs jumping on me plus I wasn't able to walk him. I hear Kerby is "fattening up" a bit which is excellent and what he needs - he needs his strength to endure the next 4 chemo shots.

Can't wait to see my little man in a few days!

No comments: