Monday, June 4, 2007

Turning the corner?

Monday, June 4th
I think Kerby may have taken a small turn around the corner. He doesn't appear to be "incredible" anymore. He seems depressed, lethargic. I refrained from giving him any toys b/c I didn't want anything in his mouth during recovery. So this weekend, noticing his sadness, I gave him some toys and he wouldn't care to play with them. Now THAT is a HUGE deal with Kerbs. But what is MOST bothersome to me is the bad odor coming from his mouth again. This is how we detected his tumor in the 1st place. I am wondering if something is growing back in his mouth again.

I had Kerby scheduled to get his 2nd chemo treatment on June 6 but I have decided to get him in to see the oncologist asap. He goes in tomorrow morning for his 2nd chemo and to have his mouth examined. I read that his next treatment (Adriamycin) will most likely cause vomiting. I was given the ok to give Kerby over-the-counter Pepcid AC 1x/day, starting 3 days before his treatment and then 3 days after to help reduce/avoid nausea. We shall see how he does .... paws crossed!

I am emotionally spent from so many major situations going on in my life. I was hoping that Kerby was on his way to getting better - and he may well be - but this is just so darn taxing on my heart. It's tough. I wonder how long I have the fight in me. I wonder how long Kerby has the fight in him. It's all in God's hands ... I know that.

No comments: